(solved for now) Export Template in Visual Studio 2017
If you’re like me, you like to create templates out of your Visual Studio 2017 code so you can just use those templates as your base for starting all new projects.
The reason I do this is so I don’t have to start over from scratch. If you’re doing that all the time, you are re-inventing the wheel and wasting precious cycles of your life.
Using export template in Visual Studio 2017 is amazing but as of Fall 2017, it’s broken.
Here’s the article on how to fix the export template issue in Visual Studio 2017 and I’ve extrapolated the quick bits below for you to move on quickly but please visit the site if you want more details.
- Export the template as normal when you’re ready
- Go to your C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\Visual Studio 2017\My Exported Templates folder to find the template
- Unzip the project
- Open up and edit the .vstemplate file
- Look for the
- Add this line below the tag in #3
- Rezip the folder contents and copy the new .zip file to C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\Visual Studio 2017\Templates\ProjectTemplates
Hopefully that help everyone and hopefully Microsoft can fix this soon!